Wednesday 14 August 2013

Turning bananas into banana muffins....

I love to bake and I am thrilled that my love for baking is being passed on to Aubrey!
As you can tell this recipe is well loved! The final version is...
1 1/2 cup ap flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar/honey/maple syrup
1egg
2 to 3 ripe bananas
1/2cup oil
1/2 cup sour milk
1/2 cup chocolate chip ( however I eye this ingredient!)
I do this in my mixer with the paddle.  

I mix the dry ingredients and set them aside and   I mix the wet ingredients really well and then mix in my dry ingredients just until combined.  I then quickly mix in the chocolate chips....don't want to over mix!



Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes

One trick I do when I double this recipe is I use 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of double the oil...can't tell the difference!
Almost done, need a little more colour!
Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. tell me why you use splenda... what are the benefits of it... I am clueless with all these new things sometime so I was just curious of your thoughts... also have you ever used camelina oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I want to make some! I've been trying to find the perfect recipe and this one looks awesome! Thanks friend!

    Oh.. silly question... how do you sour your milk?

    ReplyDelete