Thursday 15 August 2013

The flavourless pin...

So I saw a pin on Pinterest for a broccoli, rice and cheddar cassorole....from my work desk I pinned it, printed it...and dreamt of how delicious it would taste!

Put the rice cooker on when I got home from work and decided I would make this simple dish for dinner.
 The only thing I didn't do was precook my broccoli I thought it would make it too mushy (but I should of...point taken my ideas aren't always the best!).  I also omitted the flour and used 1 tbsp cornstarch (gf friendly).
All in all; this was very simple as promised.

The reviews are in....
"It just missing one thing; flavour"
-Janalyn

Ouch! But ya I totally agree! This would of been better with noodles...broccoli Mac and cheese maybe and I totally love rice...it was just missing something....


And when you're dinners a flop...Ive come up with a nice way to make amends with your dinner guests...

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile! Love the ice cream treat part! xoxo

    ReplyDelete