Tuesday 13 August 2013

Kindness returned...

Two blogs in one day...woah... but I had to share; since I referred to this before. I was sitting at my desk this morning and was greeted by a client. 

 Our friendship has blossomed over salsa...and our "travelling jar" as we refer to it. She originally gave me a mason jar of salsa to try....I loved it...fresh spicy and delicious. Then I returned the jar to her with Cherry Berry Jam in it and so the "travelling jar" was born! I then gave her my canned version of her orginal salsa (when I canned it I had to bring it to a boil...doesn't taste as fresh but flavour profiles are the same) and my HP chutney to try.

 This morning our jar was returned to me with her green tomato salsa in it and a ziploc container on the side (supposedly the jar wasn't big enough...Jeff will appreciate that!). 

 What a fun way to share in this seasons goodness and to share kindness one "travelling" jar at a time!

 She shared her recipe with me; so I will share it with you! Haven't tried it yet (I'm waiting for my lime chips) but it smells delicious! 

 Green Salsa 
 12 Green Tomatoes 
 3 Red Tomatoes 
 1 Sweet Red Pepper 
 1 Medium White Onion 
 4 Cloves Garlic (chopped fine) 
 2 Tablespoons Cilantro 
 1 Lime (juice only) 
 2 Tablespoons White Sugar 
Add Hot Peppers to taste 
 Enjoy!

Now it's my turn; I have to think of what to "can" and share next...The travelling jar will be waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment