Saturday 17 August 2013

Cher's reccommendation...

I can honestly say I am a little too adventurous in the kitchen for some people.  For example; my sister Cher would rather have powdered mashed potatoes, fake gravy and ikea meatballs than most things I create.  So; boy was I honoured when she said, " oh my word...blog about this; this is next level!"
My mom was baking a side of salmon and my dad was having his usual side of "greens" that go along with his new slim-trim physique and the lower blood sugar#.  But we weren't sure what we should have? My mom suggested quinoa...."mmmm quinoa... Let me make it!", I said. 
I put the quinoa on with some organic chicken stock...while it was cooking I knew I had 15minutes to gather flavour.  I got a big bowl and poured a little soya sauce, balsamic vinegar, grape seed oil, curry powder, zest of an orange, juice of an orange, salt, pepper, honey and hoisin. Whisked that up...(essentially making a vinaigrette)
Added...
Grated 2 carrots
Chopped 2 ribs of celery
3 pieces of asparagus(raw)

Once my quinoa was cooked I tossed it in too. 
Seeing it needed a little crunch I toasted 1/2 a package if Raman noodles and tossed it in last minute. 
( the picture may not translate!!!)

*if I was at home I would of made it GF and I would of added peanuts instead of the noodles and a little fresh ginger!

Serve at room temperature!
For something so simple, so healthy and so quick I could not believe the reaction!

Dinner prep doesn't have to take forever and great flavours are only minutes away!

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised Cher didn't want to put ketchup on it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete