Wednesday 21 August 2013

Banana blueberry love

What to do with a bucket of freshly picked wild blueberries? What would do them justice?
This recipe was my answer this afternoon...


Preheat oven 350F
Combine 
2cups of flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Set aside

Combine in separate bowl
1cup plain yogurt
1tsp baking soda
(Will expand)

Beat
1egg
1/2cup oil
1/2cup sugar
1tsp vanilla
(I doubled this recipe...I added in two bananas for fun and used half oil half applesauce)

Add flour mixture and yogurt mixture alternately

Stir in 1cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
Makes exactly 12 muffins per batch. 25 minutes baking time. 

After the fact I realized that I missed part of the recipe.  Before they are baked you are to sprinkle them with sugar mixture (2tbsp brown sugar and 1tsp cinnamon)

Since I missed this I sprinkled this on when they were still warm; but next time I will definitely do this step!!!!!

Helpful tip: read the whole recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment