Friday 30 August 2013

Friday's fun supper night!

What to make?  Honestly this week I've hardly cooked.  Eaten out, eaten at the parents, eaten left overs...I needed some inspiration!  My sister Jan and I created a meal from one key ingredient; avocados! I took to google for some ideas...some sort of taco called our names. We decided with chicken.  Here's what we did...

I sautéed up a few pieces of chicken meanwhile Jan bowled up all the necessary and flavourful accompaniments.
For the chicken all I added was a little chilli powder, onion salt, salt and pepper.  We were going for kid friendly (and Cher friendly)!

Corn and flour tortilla shells
Salsa
Salsa verde
Plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)
Jalapeños 
Limes
Cilantro
Grated cheese
Slaw*
Avocado tossed with a little lime juice and salt

Jan made a *slaw with a pre made shredded broccoli and cabbage mix.  She added Greek yogurt, lime juice, horseradish mayo, and seasoning.  It was the perfect creamy crunch for the tacos.
The broccoli tops were for the kids to eat!
Woah; she looks worn out! She had just come in from the park and sprinkler time and it's still a million degrees here! She really enjoyed choosing her filling for the tacos...she did quite well keeping it together too!
My creation...
Janny loves her jalapeños!!!

Well it was a great meal and a great team effort in creating and executing it!

We sisters enjoyed our meal to the sound of the two kids banging; I mean playing on the keyboard with some sort of latin beat in the background on repeat...wish this blog has sound! It sure wasn't peaceful but it was delicious; inspired by the avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment