Wednesday 25 June 2014

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

Well we have a very happy baby on our hands. He thoroughly enjoys sitting in the kitchen watching the commotion of Aubrey and I baking.  That's a good thing since it's a very regular occurrence!
I had five bananas ready to be made into banana bread but I wanted a little change from my ordinary recipe. I made a few changes and got a very scrumptious muffin.
The ingredients:
5-6 bananas
3cups white flour
1/2cup whole wheat flour
1/2cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2cup brown sugar
1/2cup white sugar
2tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
2eggs
1cup sour half and half
1cup oil
1/2cup semi sweet chocolate chip

I whipped the ripe bananas and mixed in the wet ingredients; incorporating well.
I dumped in the dry ingredients all at once and mixed until all the ingredients were incorporated but not over whipping.
Then I added the chocolate chips and mixed until they were incorporated evenly.
I was very happy with the consistency! Sometimes when I substitute in baking recipes it doesn't work out. In this instance I was hopeful!
I used mini muffin liners and filled them pretty much full. I baked these at 350F for 20 minutes.  I used large muffin tins as well and filled the lined muffin cups a little more than 3/4 the way full. I baked these for about 25 minutes; but use a toothpick to check them since ovens vary. 
They rose so nicely; they had a great crunchy exterior and moist centre.
This batch made 24 large and 24 mini muffins. I let them completely cool on the wire rack before putting them away.

These were a huge hit....muffin is definitly a loose term with these; they were more reminiscent of a cupcake.  Aubrey enjoyed hers with a mug of milk!

So happy I made enough to share especially since they turned out!






No comments:

Post a Comment