Monday 2 June 2014

Coconut cookies

Today was the first day we felt a little stir crazy! It was drizzling outside and the sun was no where to be seen and we were tired. What to do? We did some crafts, played with moon dough, had lunch, napped and this was all before 2pm.
What to do next? 

7pm is a long ways away....Bake of course; what else?!

Since I'm trying to use my 2kg bag of unsweetened coconut I decided to look up a coconut cookie recipe.

This looked very promising!
Creamed the wet ingredients until light in colour.
Added in the flour, soda and salt. I mixed this well; it made a thick shortbread batter consistency.
Lastly we mixed in the coconut.

I rolled teaspoon sized balls and laid them on parchment lined cookie sheet.
I put the dough in the preheated 350F oven and baked for 13-15 minutes.

While we waited the kids played.
Delicious!!!
We shared with a few of our neighbours and even had a lot left over.
These were really great; they would be delicious with a cup of coffee or tea. My grandpa would of loved these.  To bring these up to the next level you could dip them in semi sweet chocolate...bounty chocolate bar anyone?! 

1 comment:

  1. These sound yummy!! Being a coconut lover I must try those very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete