Sunday 8 June 2014

Barefoot contessa's Sunday morning oatmeal

One of Aubrey's favourite shows to watch is "The Barefoot Contessa". 
Jeff and Liam were still sleeping so Aubrey and I got to work on breakfast. We had just seen Ina make Sunday Morning Oatmeal so we thought we'd give it a try!

We used dried cranberries instead of cherries.

To add a little crunch I toasted sliced almonds and unsweetened coconut to sprinkle on top for some texture.
Since I used large flake oats it was taking a little longer and required more milk but I prefer the large flake oats to the instant ones.

Once it was fully cooked I added the garnish and put the lid on and took it off of the heat.
Time to eat!

I topped it with the toasted almond and coconut mixture and a generous drizzle of real maple syrup.
Aubrey wasn't a huge fan of it but gave it the regular try.
Little Liam slept through breakfast as per usual!!!!

Jeff and I enjoyed it however we would of chosen one dried fruit rather than two; it was a little sweet. Maybe the dried cherries would of added a tart flavour instead? We definitly liked it with the toasted almonds and coconut sprinkled on top. Overall we will definitly make a rendition of this again just less sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment