Thursday 10 July 2014

"You have to embrace the classics" Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Well we have had a very busy week full of fun and excitement. 

We got our first family pet; Goldie the gold fish!
Aubrey picked out the gravel and plant if you were wondering!

Aubrey got to go for a ride in Jeff's truck.  Jeff is getting his truck ready to sell so these will be precious memories.

Liam's had a stressful week!

Aubrey and I made homemade play dough; this was huge revelation of how easy this is to do at home.
Here's the recipe we used.




Aubrey has been at a Pre-school summer camp all week as well; Needless to say Aubrey has had a blast this week. We thought we'd make a little treat for the teachers.  They deserve it!


In thinking about what to make Jeff begged me to make a classic cookie; oatmeal raisin.
 Growing up the word raisin was considered a swear word in our house. I even remember baking a cake to take to school for my grade five Egyptian project and my dad suggested putting chocolate chips in it instead of raisins as it was suggested in the recipe! 
I actually think raisins are growing on me atleast in certain recipes.

Here's the recipe I found and I would definitly use it again.

We used sultana raisins; my favourite for baking.







We added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 3/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1/2cup of whole flax seed. These were the only variations to the recipe that we made.



We baked these at 350F for 13 minutes and let sit on the stove for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. 


Here's the packages of cookies all ready to take to camp for the teachers! Aubrey had a blast making these cookies as well as eating the cookie dough!
What a great week; full of fun, laughter and family.  I am truly thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment