Wednesday 16 July 2014

Colossal coconut & oatmeal cookies

I wanted to make some delicious cookies so baking without taste testing is key here! I have done it before and I can do it again!
My mom made these cookies a couple months back and they were amazing.
Cher came by to take Aubrey to the park which was great since Liam was still sleeping.  With some time on my hands I decided to try making these cookies for a girls night I was having and a small thank you gift for some sweet girls that gave Aubrey some clothes they had outgrown.

2cups oats
1/2cup unsweetened cocoa
1&1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup soften butter
1&1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1&1/3 cup coconut

I mixed my butter and white sugar. I didn't have brown sugar as the original recipe calls for so I just used all white. Sometimes this actually makes a flavour and texture difference but in this case using all white sugar worked out great.
This is what happens when I rush!
I then added the eggs and just let it whip. At this point Liam had woken up so I got him into the snuggly wrap for the remainder of the baking process.
This whipped up so nice; it was the texture of thick cream cheese icing.
I added in all of my dry ingredients (plus 1/2cup unsweetened cocoa as per my moms variation) minus the coconut and I mixed it until incorporated.
I added the coconut and beat it just until combined.

I put these in my 350F preheated oven for exactly 13 minutes and let them cool on the stove before transferring them to the cooking rack.
Aubrey loved them fresh from the oven!

The reaction from Jeff regarding these cookies was great. "What are those?" "They are ridiculous!"
(I kind of forced him to let me take this photo!)

I had packed up a bag for him to take to his friends house but supposedly one baggie was not enough; I'll take that as a compliment.
Girls night +Liam!


This batch made two dozen cookies.
Here's the thank you gift all wrapped up to take over to the girls; hope they love them!

1 comment:

  1. The love I feel for you and this blog is crazy lots!! and Man, Liam is such a sweetie!! I see Aubrey in his smile!! smooches friend!!!

    ReplyDelete