Thursday 12 September 2013

The perfect chocolate cupcake!

In my non-professional opinion this is the absolute best chocolate cake I've ever made and tasted for that matter.

The recipe is quite strange; you get to this perfect fudgy consistency and then you add a cup of boiling water....what?!?!? I know... I was skeptical at first but then I tasted the perfect cake and cupcakes from this recipe.

You can tell its a loved recipe when it looks like this. 

For the wedding cupcakes we were making we had to triple the recipe.  Note the "bowl" I had to use...

Ready for baking!!!!

Mix all the wet ingredients together:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Separately mix the dry ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Then add 1cup of boiling water

Bake at 350F
35 minutes for cakes
20 minutes for cupcakes

Now for the decorating; to be continued!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment