Thursday 19 September 2013

Strawberry blueberry muffins

I looked in my fridge and saw fresh strawberries and blueberries that were a little soft to be enjoyed but I surely didn't want to waste them.  So off I took to google looking up muffin recipes.  

I found this one and I had all the ingredients so I decided to give it a try!

I doubled the recipe so we'd have enough to share!


I mixed all the wet ingredients together(even the jam); since I doubled the recipe...I used half oil, half fruit sauce.  I ran out of milk so I used the last of my half and half cut with water.  Don't worry I have another litre of coffee cream for tomorrow morning....priorities!


I added in my dry ingredients and the berries and gave it a good mix. 
The batter smelt so good; I felt very optimistic!


We baked them at 375 for about 28 minutes.  They were firm to the touch but with a little spring; tooth pick came out clean.

They tasted just like Tim's Hortons "Fruit explosion" muffin....yum!

A double batch actually made 30 large muffins.

We decided to pack up 20 of them for teen challenge.  Our motto is "sharing is fun"...you'd hear our two year old say that on any given day.  We try our best to show her practical ways to show kindness...and that you can have fun whilst being kind!!! So we wrapped them up and used her Dora stickers to seal them.  I think that was more of a sharing lesson for her!
So next time you're making something maybe double it and remember "sharing is fun"!!!!

2 comments:

  1. In eating one of these muffins this morning I realized the muffin top; which is usually my favourite part was a bit "cakey". They are quite sweet already but I may opt to put some sugar on top to them to add a bit of a crunch. The inside of the muffins; where all the fruit is the most enjoyable part. I would definitly make these again with a few tweeks. I would cut some of the sugar and would try sprinkling some ontop before baking. I may add some lemon zest to the batter. Other than that I give this recipe my approval!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would of chopped the strawberries up more!!!!

    ReplyDelete