Wednesday 25 September 2013

Gluten free pumpkin muffins

My mom asked me to make a GF pumpkin muffin as a GF option at our Girlfriends cafe; a night they put on at church for women to get to know eachother.  As I left for work this morning my husband offered to make them....of course I said yes!!!

So no pictures were taken in the process but after I tasted one I knew I had to share them on my blog.  Muffins are one of those items that I haven't quite tasted a good GF version. These were great...and could be easily be made dairy free.  I think it's the pumpkin;  the texture works perfectly with the GF flours. 



This recipe made 12 muffins.  I used my GF flour since its basically the variety the recipe called for.  I used 2 cups of my GF flour mix.

Now for the glaze:



Melted 1/4 cup butter and added in icing sugar(i only used 1cup) ....mix thoroughly!
Slowly added milk until it was the consistency desired.
Taste test!
I've saved the extra glaze in an airtight container in my fridge for another muffin experiment! I do have leftover pumpkin!!!!
The glaze hardened and stayed glossy; these look and smell great! Hopefully the GF women will love them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment