Friday 13 September 2013

...the icing

So this is continued from yesterday's post about the wedding cupcakes I'm making.  
Today I made the icing.  I found this pipeable cream cheese icing off of Pinterest and boy is it great!
I tripled this to get enough for 6 dozen cupcakes...it all fit in my kitchen aid which was helpful!
Creamed my butter and cream cheese.
I added a little vanilla to this.
Measured out my icing sugar and slowly added this to my creamed mixture
Taste test!

Whip it really well!!!!
Perfect consistency; now I put it in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes are so.
Let the piping begin!
I put these in the fridge to firm up.
A half hour before we left I decorated them and packed them in a cake box.
I got the coloured sugars, chocolate curls and sugar leaves from "scoop and weigh".  You can pretty much find any creative cupcake topper you're looking for!  I went there with an idea and found exactly what I wanted!
I thought they turned out great for her fall themed wedding! 

Congrats Jenn and Marcel!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful (and I'm sure yummy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Pelletier26 September 2013 at 12:20

    Best cupcakes I have ever had, and all of our guests LOVED them! :-)

    ReplyDelete