Friday 31 January 2014

Quesdillas and nachos!

I love making dinner and knowing that the leftovers can be repurposed into a adult snack!  I say adult snack because there will be no shortage of jalepenos on the nachos that will be made!

First I started with sautéing onions, garlic, and red peppers.  I seasoned this with chili powder, salt and pepper.
Once these were tender I set them aside.  Now for the meat; I decided to use ground beef.
I buy the 4lbs package of ground beef from Costco and divide it into 4 portions.   I freeze the beef flat in ziploc bags for easy thawing.
Again I season this the same way as the veggies however I drain this thoroughly before I mix with the veggie mixture.

Last nights Dinner: 
I got my assembly line organized to assemble the quesdillas: 
Whole wheat tortilla shells
Light tex mex cheese mix
Jalepenos
Beef veggie mix

When I'm just making one I use my cast iron pan but when I'm making more than one I use a sheet pan and do them in the oven.
I preheat my oven to 375F on convection.

I put a little olive oil on a parchment lined sheet pan.  I coat the top tortilla shell with a bit of the oil and set aside. Then I place two shells on the pan side by side.
Spread a little cheese
Filling
More cheese (and for mommy and daddy ....jalepenos!)
Top with the top tortilla shell; olive oil side up.
Dance party?!
She can't wait!!!
She made her own; as requested hers had red pepper, mushroom and mozerella cheese.
These took 8-10 minutes
I let them sit for about a minute and then I cut them in wedges.  Serve them with your favourite sauces.  

This is a great easy meal; you can do all the prep ahead of time.  I have even assembled these the night before, wrapped them well and stored them in the fridge.  The next day all you do is pop them in the oven!

Late night nachos:
Tonight we repurposed the beef and veggie mixture for nachos.
Chips
Lightly add Cheese, filling, jalepenos, and then more cheese
We baked these at 400F convection for 3-5 minutes.  

We served this with plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and salsa. 
Perfect late dinner!!!!

And now for my bedtime snack:

No comments:

Post a Comment