Tuesday 28 January 2014

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with Maldon sea salt

I have a friend coming over tomorrow night for dinner.  We've been emailing over the past while trying to figure out a date to get together.  She had mentioned that she found my blog while looking for some recipes online.  I thought that was so funny; I sometimes wonder who might be reading this! She asked if I could blog about these cookies I used to make all of the time.  

So Pauline; here they are....oatmeal chocolate chip with seasalt!

1cup of soften unsalted butter
1cup white sugar
1cup brown sugar
2eggs
1tsp vanilla
2cups large flake oats
2cups white flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1tsp Maldon sea salt
2cups semi sweet chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 375F
First I beat the butter with the paddle.
We mixed in the sugars and beat well and scrape down the sides.
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well!!!
Hug break!
Then we dumped in all the dry ingredients at once while the mixer is off and then turn the mixer on and mix well.
Mix in the chocolate chips just until incorporated.
I scooped tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
I flattened these with the palm of my hand before they went into the oven for 10-12 minutes. Don't over bake!!!!!! 
And there you have it; the perfect salty/sweet combination!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you ladies tonight and try these !! Thank you for posting this :)
    -Pauline!!

    ReplyDelete