Friday 24 January 2014

Simple salad; homemade cilantro lime dressing

I used carrots, red pepper and spinach for the salad.  I wanted a little crunch for the salad  so I decided to candy the peanuts.  
I first toasted the peanuts and then sprinkled them with chilli powder and sea salt.  Once they had a little colour on them i drizzled them with honey and cooked it for about a minute and then set them aside.
Now for the dressing:
I wanted to use my immersion blender so in a container I put three cloves of garlic, juice of one lime, bunch of cilantro.  
I buzzed this with a little red wine vinegar.
I added some Greek yogurt, honey, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
Jeff picked up a roasted chicken from the store; that's one of my best cheats for a quick healthy meal!
It was so delicious and satisfying! The spicy, salty & sweet flavours of the nuts were perfect!
I must share with you after we ate this we were still hungry so we cooked a frozen pizza...atleast we had a healthy first course!!!!!!


Aubrey got her flu shot so she was given a little treat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment