Saturday 18 January 2014

Thank you banana chocolate chip muffins

We were enjoying a family day at home today.  This is rare occasion; being a full day at home together; we definitely treasure our family time.  We came up from the basement after enjoying the Jets game and delicious chicken wings to find our front yard had been plowed.  This winter in Winnipeg has been the never ending shovelling-fest so this was a much welcomed surprise!

We knew exactly which neighbour had done it! Aubrey and I decided to quickly whip up some muffins; "blanana". 


We Beat the 4 ripe bananas with an egg, 1/2 cup oil, and instead of the milk I added more like 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt.
After this was mixed I mixed in 2/3 cup of brown sugar
Then I added the remainder of the ingredients.  Two cups of flour; I used half white, half whole wheat and 1tsp of baking soda and a pinch of salt.
And a splash of vanilla
We decided to add walnuts and chocolate chips.  My favourite combo in banana muffins!
I always double check the consistency when I've tampered with the original recipe; this looks good.
This made 12 regular muffins and 6 mini muffins.
We baked them at 350F; 20 minutes for the minis and more like 25 minutes for the regular sized muffins.



Ready to go! That took less than an hour; I'm sure they'll be appreciated. Awesome!
I turned around and found Aubrey already enjoying one of the mini muffins! She approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment