Wednesday 15 January 2014

Peanut butter cookies; the old man and a little lady!

My uncle and aunt are visiting from Ontario.  Aubrey is having a blast with uncle Jerry and auntie Ann; she really hasn't spent very much time with them in her life so this has been a very special time.  
I came to my moms after work to meet up with Aubrey.  Aubrey had discovered from uncle jerry that his favourite cookie is peanut butter.  So what did we decide to make while he was napping?  Peanut butter cookies of course!
As my dad and aunt are watching their sugars my mom has been baking with coconut sugar; we thought we'd use it as a sugar substitute.
I found this recipe:


We made a double batch!

Beat the butter

Added the peanut butter and beat that in.
Aubrey licked the spoon!
Added the coconut sugar and beat again

Added the eggs and beat them in.
At this stage we added in the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.

We rolled the dough into tablespoon sized balls and Aubrey flattened them with a fork. 

We baked these at 375 convection for 10-12 minutes.

When uncle jerry came upstairs Aubrey yelled  "surprise; we made you peanut butter cookies!!!!!"  I think we made his day and they were an edible nostalgic memory right down to the fork mark on top! 
Here's Aubrey giving uncle jerry a cookie.  She was so proud of herself! 

You can totally see the joy she felt from making something for someone!  It was precious to watch!

What a nice afternoon and boy were they tasty; I will be taking a doggie bag home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment