Monday 3 February 2014

Quick pot of soup

Life seems to be getting busier and busier; as a mother of one I can't imagine how you mothers of four keep it together?! In effort to make weekday lunches a little easier; Jeff and I have decided to make a simple pot of soup on Sundays to have on hand for the week

I gathered all the ingredients I wanted to include.
Onions, celery, carrots, white beans, farmers sausage, stock and onion soup mix.  Like I said; simple!
I sautéed the chopped farmers sausage first and then added in all my vegetables. I sautéed them for a few minutes before I added in one pouch of onion soup mix, 3 cups of frozen corn and the box of stock.  
I added 16 cups of water.
I brought this to a boil and then I adjusted the seasoning.
I added salt, pepper, Tabasco and worcheshire sauce.  
Made some cheese toast and this was ready to serve.  Soup always tastes better as it sits.  It was even better today!!!!
I decided I wouldn't attempt to "can" this but I find it keeps so nicely in jars so I portioned it out into 1 litre jars to keep in the fridge.

Some for our lunches this week and some to give away! Perfectly simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment