Saturday 5 October 2013

The perfect party cupcake

If I get one request from my family for a certain cupcake I make; it would have to be my cheesecake stuffed chocolate cupcakes.  Not as difficult as it sounds...trust me...I wouldn't make them if they were! 
I found this recipe for "self-filled cupcakes" from the Calvary temple cookbook.  I think I've been making these for over 10 years and they are a hit every time. 
Instead of a chocolate cake mix I use my chocolate cake recipe which you can find on my blog from last month.  I have used a box mix in the past and honestly if you're in a rush; this works just fine. 

Now for the cheesecake:
I am making these for my friends daughters sweet 16; so at her request I am making an Oreo cheesecake filling.  I think these will work great.

I am doubling this so I used 2 bricks of cream cheese and mixed it with 2/3 cup of white sugar.
Scrape down the sides
2eggs and a pinch of salt
Mix really well
This is where you would add chocolate chips or in this case; crushed mini Oreo cookies.  
Mix really well. This ended up tasting awesome.  I have never thought of this before but you could substitute pretty much anything you wanted for the chocolate chips to personalize this!

Now for the assembly process:
I'm making half plain chocolate and half the cheesecake stuffed cupcakes.

I was a little worried I over filled them but they turned out perfect.  I would say that is the trickiest thing about this recipe.  So worth it!
And tomorrow I will decorate them; I will post that once the birthday girl sees them of course!
Aubrey was pretty excited to be my Oreo tast tester!!!! I don't think she's had these before!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment