Saturday 26 October 2013

Crockpot Oatmeal review

I spotted this recipe on my friends Facebook and quickly imagined waking up on a Saturday morning with the delicious smells of cinnamon apple oatmeal cooking.  I was sold!  
I followed this recipe pretty closely however I did use my pre-cut/peeled/frozen apples. I just measured out what I thought two apples worth would be. 

Apples on the bottom
Brown sugar, cinnamon, oatmeal and I added a touch of nutmeg.  I used large flake oats.

Since this can cook 8-9 hours I left everything in the crockpot and left my husband a note to add the 2 cups water and 2 cups of milk, DON'T STIR and turn on low.


This is what we woke up to.

The one side was starting to slightly burn however I left this for the maximum time suggested and my crockpot is VERY hot. I stirred this up without really scraping the edge. 

I added about a 1/4 cup of milk to the crockpot.
Jeff and Aubrey were quite impressed.
We decided to serve this up with pecans, milk and a touch of maple syrup. 

And time to eat; Aubrey ate her entire bowl.  
We would definitely make this again; especially if we had company staying over.  We thought fresh berries would be a nice topper; just to brighten it a bit.  The crunch of the nuts was a nice addition.
We are full and energized for the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you tired this! I saw that you liked it on Facebook and printed it out myself. Have everything ready to make it but forgot to do it last night! Excited to try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete