Tuesday 29 October 2013

Breakfast Cookie; Vegan and Gluten Free

My client; whom I share the "travelling jar" with; brought me this delicious cookie for breakfast.

I was just getting hungry, so this was perfect timing. Don't people just love to feed the pregnant ladies? I think we love to be fed!

I have never made these before but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was hearty, fulfilling and packed with goodness.


Here's the recipe:

Vegan Health Cookies

4 cups ground nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc)
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup rice flour
3/4 cup agave syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla or almond extract
1-2 tsp cinnamon to taste
1 - 2 tsp assorted spices (nutmeg, cardamom, clove, etc)
1 tsp salt optional
1/2 cup dried fruit chopped
1/2 cup raw oats (GF)
2 tablespoons poppy seed, pumpkin seed, sunflower, etc. crushed

Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix all liquid ingredients in a
separate bowl. Combine. Form I to 2" inch balls and place on cookie
sheet with Pam (or the like), flatten with fork and bake for 15-20 min.

ENJOY

Definitly look in the mirror after eating these!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment