Sunday 6 October 2013

Final product....sweet 16 cupcakes

Decorating is my favourite part of baking....I love being creative and making things look truly delicious.  My cupcakes are never identical, i prefer focus on making them look as scrumptious as they taste!
Feeling a little tired this morning I let Jeff and Aubrey make the icing!  
4 bricks of cream cheese and a cup of butter....mix thoroughly.  Add in vanilla and 5 cups of icing sugar. 

I decorated the cheesecake filled cupcakes with the cream cheese icing and topped with a mini Oreo.

Now for the chocolate cream cheese icing for the chocolate cupcakes. This icing tastes like chocolate cheesecake.  A nice switch up for the plain chocolate cupcakes.
I add about a 1/4 cup of cocoa to the already made icing.  I have added melted chocolate in the past, that works just as we'll.

I topped these with a cute chocolate triangle that I bought!

Ready for delivery!

Oh you're probably wondering what they look like on the inside....well I did put a few aside for Jeff...with his request for the chocolate icing!

Oreo cheesecake stuffed chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate cream cheese icing...Delicious!


Happy 16th birthday Tessa!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet treat for Tessa's sweet sixteen! They are so yummy and sure to disappear shortly after posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wenda Lee... great blog! My sister just told me about it! Just wondering, what decorating tip do you use for your cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I use a really wide star tip. My husband picked it up for me at Russell Foods; they have a huge selection.

      Delete