Thursday 17 October 2013

Simple salad!

What an afternoonot! Ever have one of those...."yikes; is this my child" moments?  Well this afternoon at music class I had one of those moments...while Aubrey was trying to mawl the teacher and then ended the class by lying on the floor crying with her face in the carpet. 
So when we got home and it was time for dinner....simple was my main criteria.

I decided to make a spinach salad with sliced mushrooms, avocado, cucumber and toasted falafals with a simple vinaigrette.
I put my falafals in the toaster oven while I quickly chopped my veggies.

We worked together and she was happy to help especially since tv is off limits until further notice.
Diced the avocado and scooped it out with a large spoon; love this trick!


Now for the dressing; I just whisked together a little apple cider vinegar, Dijon, olive oil and a touch of honey.
Tossed the salad and serve!
She loved it; well I'm not actually sure if her compliance was way to get the tv "fixed" or she actually liked it but she ate it...so I didn't ask any questions!
Now to sit and diffuse with my deliciously light dinner.


2 comments:

  1. Did you make those falafals yourself? If so you should post that recipe next! I love falafels :o) Dressing sounds nummy, I will have to try, and apple cider vinegar is healthy too I hear. Thinking of your food blog - you should stop by this new store Frescolio - www.frescolio.ca, I do their website, but they also have fantastic products, high end olive oil and balsamics that are fantastic for salad dressing. I love that store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I totally hear you on the "is this my child" moment :o( I hate public displays of misbehaviour, yeesh! At least you followed up with no TV and a healthy meal, good job mom!

    ReplyDelete