Thursday 31 October 2013

Apple cinnamon loaf review

This recipe has been passed around on Facebook and looked too good not to try! Here's my review:

Mix cinnamon and brown sugar together
Set aside.
In mixer
Cream sugar with butter
Add in eggs and mix well
Add in vanilla

Add in flour
Add in baking powder. Mix.
Add in milk and beat just until combined.
Taste test!
Now for the assembly.
Batter

Apples ( I used my pre-peeled, cut and frozen apples)

Sugar mixture

Repeat ending with the sugar mixture.
Ready for the oven. Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes.  

This was a very simple and straight forward recipe as far as loaves go. Simple ingredients that most people have on hand.  I used my frozen apples; not sure if this made a difference but my loaf took almost 2 and half times the baking time suggested.  It tastes as good as it looks! I would definitly reccommend trying this recipe!

10/31/13:
After eating this the next day; I will defintily be making this again. It still has a crunchy egde and the apples made it super moist. It was pretty dense but I enjoy that in a loaf. I was hoping to share this with my coworkers but half way through assembling the loaf I noticed that Aubrey wasn't just eating some of the apple pieces; she had been taking a bite and putting the half eaten piece of apple back in the bowl. In this case others wouldn't think sharing is fun! The joys and hazzards of baking with a 2 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment