Thursday 22 January 2015

Caramel sauce

So with a few litres of whipping left to use up I thought of making caramel sauce. I find making caramel sauce more of a science; so I enlisted my husbands expertise and help. I found this recipe online but as most recipes that I show my husband go there is always a little tweaking to do.
I got to this stage and then I handed it over to Jeff.
When I got back from getting ready he was at this stage. He had let the sugar to reduce and carmalized until amber in colour. He removed it off of the heat to carefully add the cream and then put it back on the heat to boil. I believe at this point he added the maple whisky; boiling this burns off the achohol but leaves the flavour! Once it was the consistency he wanted he added in his butter. We used 2/3 cup total of my homemade butter for this recipe even though we times it by four; quite a bit less!
I decided to put the caramel sauce in jars to seal so that it will keep in the pantry. 
This will be a great gift to have on hand and the perfect topping for dessert! We had vanilla frozen yogurt and peaches topped with the caramel sauce. 
Perfect light-sweet ending to our delicious pasta dinner.
I had to show this cute photo from Aubrey and Jeff's father-daughter date to her first jets game! They had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment