Tuesday 13 January 2015

Chocolate peanut butter pudding pie

What a fun family day! An afternoon of dough and pie making, Tangled and sushi. These are the memories and days I never want to forget. I put down the camera for the most part and enjoyed teaching Aubrey have to roll out pie dough, fold it in half, set it in the pie plate and crimp the edges. All I can say is precious!

This all started with a couple of litres of 35% cream that I was given. What to make???? Chocolate peanut butter pie of course. I decided to try an easier version that I found on Pinterest.
I mixed the dry ingredients in my large pot.
I did a double recipe and used 3 cups of 35% cream and 1 cup of water for my liquid.
Gotta love Christmas chocolate; I love baking with it. Thanks steph!

It thickened up quite quickly; at this point I was wondering why I ever buy pudding mixes. This was so simple!
After a taste I thought it needed more peanut butter. I added about 1 cup in total for the double recipe.
We blind baked our crusts and then filled them with the pudding.
Topped the pies with more of our beloved whipped cream sweetened with icing sugar and real vanilla.

My wonderful friend has offered to help get Aubrey ready for kindergarten and so I asked what I could do for her. I think her exact response was we won't say no to meals!!! Well I thought a homemade pie would be a good way to start...hope no one is lactose intolerant!


No comments:

Post a Comment