Tuesday 27 May 2014

"BAST" wrap

Thinking about lunch today I thought; "BLT" then I thought "wraps" then I thought "avacodo and spinach" and so the "BAST" wrap was born. What could be better? Bacon, avacodo, spinach and tomato on a whole wheat wrap. This was so simple; once I had a plan for lunch I put the bacon in the oven and texted my SIL (who currently lives one street over) to see if she needed lunch.  Within minutes with no reply she was standing on my doorstep and I didn't even tell her bacon was involved!
Our family loves bacon; especially maple smoked bacon....salty sweet combo; delicous!
I spread a hearty layer of grainy mustard on the centre of the wrap and then layered the remaining ingredients; spinach, avacodo, tomato, shredded cheese and bacon. 
I sprinkled with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper and wrapped it like a burrito.
Aubrey's just had spinach and bacon on it; two of her favourite things to eat!  There wasn't even crumbs left on her plate!
This simple lunch will hopefully inspire you to use what you have on hand to make something yummy and also inspire you to share the deliciousness!


Couldn't resist posting a picture of our little angel, is he praying?!

No comments:

Post a Comment