Sunday 18 May 2014

The fixing of the wedding cupcakes

Well we have had a very eventful weekend. Out of town guests, rehearsal dinner, family BBQ, wedding and tons of fun!
I was asked to make my famous chocolate chip cheesecake stuffed chocolate cupcakes for the wedding reception.  I found these super cute mini cake liners from home sense. I thought with pink icing and edible pearls these we're perfect for their country chic wedding theme.
However when I filled them and baked them this is how they were left.
Not happy at all with the result I went to 6 different stores to find extra sleeves to put the already baked cupcakes into.
I had two extra and knew this is more of what I wanted them to look like. I couldn't find them anywhere; I couldn't even find the shape of the liner to pick a new design.
Panick started to set in but we were too busy getting ready for the wedding ceremony.
We had a hectic morning of running our flower girl around to get primped for her big debut! Then we headed to the church hoping we could locate some burlap from the decorating supplies.
The beautiful service concluded and Jeff ran home  with burlap in hand. I asked if I should go too? He could see I was fading fast and so he responded with something like..."remember I'm a professional!" 
Two hours later the reception was about to start. Jeff ran in with the finished product.
I could not of been happier with the result. It exceeded even my initial vision. I am so thankful for my resident professional chef and partner in crime!
It was such a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You know you can always come next door if you ever need some burlap again LOL. Cupcakes look gorgeous in the photos.

    ReplyDelete