Tuesday 20 May 2014

Happy birthday mom and dad...gf oatmeal cookies

The party continues in our family; today and tomorrow are my mom and dads birthdays. Today the kids and I made our way to my parents house after a day of running around; Aubrey got her haircut, lunch at daddy's work and then a fun play at great big adventure. As soon as we got to my parents we decided to make special cookies that papa can eat.

I took my favourite cookie recipe and tailor made it for my dads diet; he eats gluten and sugar free as much as possible.
1cup unsalted butter
2cups coconut brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
2cups whole oats
2cups blended oats (oat flour)
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp sea salt
1cup unsweetened coconut
1cup walnuts
1crushed 90% dark chocolate

First we creamed the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs together.

In another bowl we combined the nuts, chocolate, coconut, soda, powder and both oats. 
We used the blender to made a flour out of 2cups of oats. 

We mixed the dry garnish mixture into the wet creamed ingredients.
Taste test!
We put tablespoon sized spoonfuls on a parchment lined baking sheet.

We baked these at 350F for 13 minutes and put the baking sheets on the oven for two minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
My mom and I are the dream team in the kitchen I make the mess and she cleans it up!

Dessert is served! Happy birthday mom and dad!

1 comment: