Saturday 24 May 2014

Outdoor picnic; tuna wraps


Yesterday was the first beautifully warm day of 2014 in Winnipeg.  This called for a family walk and definitly a picnic lunch.  We took Aubrey for her first slurpee; seeing as we live in the slurpee capital of the world it seemed like a very momentous occasion!
Once we got home my sister and her son
came over and I whipped us up some lunch
As we were eating the wraps I made; my sister Cher informed me that they were "blog" worthy! Sometimes I feel the simplest recipes are not worth the time to blog but I guess it's not so simple to everyone. They were delish so I thought i'd share.
In a bowl I put one drained can of white tuna, 1 shredded carrot, 2 diced ribs of celery with the leaves, 2 diced green onions, 1/2cup shredded cheese, a large serving spoon of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp grainy mustard, 2dashes of chipotle Tabasco, a couple dashes of curry powder, sea salt and pepper. 
I used whole wheat wraps and laid baby spinach on the middle and put a large portion of the filling on top of the spinach and fold it like a borrito. 
Tada!
We only buy plain Greek yogurt now; we use it in place of sour cream, mayonnaise  and yogurt.  It's way less fat and nice to only have to have one of those ingredients on hand and it's so versatile.

You could even heat these wraps in the toaster oven to make a "tuna melt" wrap. They were just as good cold though,..I was too hungry to wait for them to heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment