Wednesday 7 May 2014

Coconut and chocolate chip banana bread


We are at the almost three week mark as a family of four. Where has the time gone? We are having a blast and I am thoroughly enjoying my year of fun; also known as maternity leave....thank you Canada!
We spent the morning at home working on different projects and then by 3pm we made it out of the house! To the mall we went for a family shopping trip.

Once we arrived home Aubrey and I decided to make some banana bread; and enough to share.

This was our adorable view as we baked!


I used my go to recipe times three! 
6 cups flour
3tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
2&1/3cups brown sugar
3 eggs
6 bananas
1&1/2cup oil
1&1/2 cup milk ( I used part milk part old half and half)

I gathered all my dry ingredients together and set them aside.  In my mixer I whipped the bananas and added my wet ingredients one by one.  

I added the dry ingredients and mixed well.  Then I added 1cup each of coconut and chocolate chips.
Taste test!
I set up my parchment lined loaf pans and divided the batter between the three pans.
I baked them at 350F for 60 minutes.
They turned out wonderful! I can't wait to have a cup of decaf with a thick buttered slice!



No comments:

Post a Comment