Wednesday 30 April 2014

Lunch fish tacos!

Well I am now officially a mother of two! Enjoying every minute of it! I find myself moving a bit slower these days; today I rolled out of bed at 9:30am. Thanks to my wonderful husband I do the night shift and he takes the morning shift; team work at its finest.  

We are almost two weeks in to this new routine and thanks to friends and family I really haven't had to cook much.  This morning I was craving getting into the kitchen and putting together some yummy fish tacos.  So at 10:30am I began preparing lunch for us....coffee in hand!
This was my lovely view from the kitchen.
First I got some fish from the freezer and put it in the sink in some cool water.  The fish is so thin it thaws in minutes.
I took them out of their packages and left them damp.  I coated them in a mix of cornmeal, taco seasoning and salt.

I baked them on a parchment lined cookie sheet with olive oil at 400F convection for about 12 minutes. 
Meanwhile the fish was baking I organized the toppings.  
I sautéed onion, yellow pepper, and spinach with a sweet and spicy mango lime salsa.  I find that this goes really nicely with the fish. 

I usually make an avacodo, cilantro, green onion and lime topping but since limes are $1 a piece these days we haven't been buying them.  
Today I decided to make an avacodo cream.  I mixed avacado  with Greek yogurt, salt, lemon juice and a touch of chipotle Tabasco. 
I also served this with sharp cheddar and salsa. 
And now we eat!

As soon as we sat down our little man woke up.  

This lunch was thought of, made and eaten within less than 90 minutes.  Such a simple but satisfying lunch! Now our next mission will be to get ready and out of the house before 4pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment