Tuesday 8 April 2014

Spinach and kale salad

Sometimes waiting is the hardest part.  I am due pretty much any day now.  Since my last labour was VERY fast I am finding myself staying close to home with my three year old; not wanting to get stranded somewhere!
Feeling anxious, tired and excited I am trying to find things to distract me.  Between reenacting "Frozen" with Aubrey, making Easter cards, doing crafts and baking; making a creative dinner seemed like the perfect outlet for my craziness. 
I first made chicken thigh nuggets.  Cleaned and chopped up the boneless, skinless chicken thighs and coated them in cornmeal, white flour, chili powder, lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Baked them at 400 F on a olive oiled parchment paper lined cookie sheet. 
For the salad I mixed baby kale and baby spinach.  The garnish included a "few" of my favourite things; dried cherries, dried currents, avocado, gala apple, blue cheese, and spicy pecans.

For the dressing Jeff made a simple vinaigrette of; apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme,  splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
We dressed the greens and then sprinkled all the garnishes on top and lastly added the nuggets of chicken.

Let me tell you this was a super delicious dinner! We would definitly serve this to guests or be very pleased to receive something like this in a restaurant.  

So I will try to remain patient; one meal at a time!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment