Thursday 10 April 2014

Oatmeal chocolate coconut cookies

Here I am "patiently" waiting for our baby to make his arrival.
Today we cleaned the house, walked the mall, did the stairs more times then I care to admit and now we are sitting down enjoying another rendition of a kale salad for dinner.

Yesterday I bought the most gigantic bag of large flake unsweetened coconut from Costco and so I feel quite compelled to use it in anything and everything. Jeff was asking for a dessert of some sort so I quickly googled chocolate coconut dessert recipes and this is what I chose.
The recipe seemed simple and straight forward.  The only change I made was that I used 2cups oats and 2cups flour.  Oats are on the grocery list for tomorrow!
   

The 12oz chocolate chips and a rather generous 6oz of coconut(maybe 12oz)!
These went in at 375F.
While the first dozen were baking I rolled the remaining dough to bake off tomorrow, cleaned the kitchen from dinner and got the kettle on for tea. 

These took 12 minutes.  They smell terrific; the coconut is perfectly toasted!
*Just wanted to add that the texture of these cookies was really nice.  I think it was the large flake unsweetened coconut that was the star of the recipe. I will definitly be writing this recipe down.

No comments:

Post a Comment