Monday 19 May 2014

Homemade Popsicles

It wasn't quite a warm sunny day here yesterday however I had a "summery" project for Aubrey and I. Homemade Popsicles; a treat that we can make and tailor make them for our tastes as well as reducing the sugar from store bought Popsicles.  I have to say that store bought Popsicles are a regular on my shopping list so when I saw this kit at winners for $5.99 I thought it would be a great buy. 
Especially for my Aubrey; she'll try most anything and definitly if she's helped make it!
In thinking of what flavours I could use I had the idea of combining fruit juice with Greek yogurt. 
My sister found this fruit juice that was no sugar added and it was beet, raspberry and banana. It was a very yummy combo with the tangy yogurt. 
I whisked the two ingredients together and then poured into the molds leaving room for expansion.
Aubrey's job was snapping the tops on the molds.  She had a blast!
Ready for the freezer!!!!!

Fast forward to this morning; the perfect breakfast....fruit plus yogurt in Popsicle form equals an ecstatic three year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment