Saturday 30 August 2014

Pinterest review: The perfect chocolate chip cookies

Since I'm up in the night with this cuteness I've had extra time to browse Pinterest!
I came across these delicious looking cookies at around 3AM! 

I decided to make a double batch since Aubrey wanted to give some away with thank you cards she requested to make. 
The recipe says to let the butter and sugars whip for 2 minutes. Then I added the eggs and vanilla before adding in the flour mix. (I used kosher course salt)
Next it says to use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips. I decided to just use the paddle attachement. Since I doubled the recipe I should of added 5 cups of chocolate chips. Um no way! I don't think the cookies would of even held together.  I added 2 cups of chocolate chips for the double recipe and that seemed like more than enough.
I used a tablespoon to scoop dough balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
I baked these on 350F for 13 minutes and let them cool on the stove top for a few minutes before I transferred to a cooling rack.
They looked pretty comparable to the picture; other than the fact that I left 3 cups of chocolate chips out of the recipe!
FYI:
I got 39 cookies from a double batch; the recipe said I should of gotten 60 cookies.
I wrote this recipe down; they're deliciously decadent and I think these will be requested in the future!
The Thank you gifts are ready for tomorrow! I love that my sweet girl has such a giving heart.💜

No comments:

Post a Comment