Wednesday 6 November 2013

Zucchini and carrot muffins

Aubrey and I spent the afternoon at home together.  A much needed afternoon of baking, crafting, singing, and dancing...I think I'm feeling tired now!
 
After Aubrey heard that her music teacher was under the weather; Aubrey insisted that we make her a card.  Having some extra zucchini I suggested that we make some muffins to go with the card; Aubrey thought this was a marvelous idea!
 
I took to Google and found this recipe; I thought it seemed on the healthier side and that it would be family friendly.
 
 
 

 
 
First we shredded our zucchini, carrots, and apple.  We filled a 4 cup measuring cup with these ingredients combined. 
To this we added shredded coconut.
Instead of nuts we added dried cranberries.
We set this mixture aside.
 
In our mixer we added all of the dry ingredients and mixed together.
 
To this we added all of our wet ingredients and mixed well.
 
To this we added our measuring cup of shredded ingredients and garnish.  We mixed this just until well incorporated but tried not to over mix.
 
We filled the muffin liner lined muffin tins.
 
Baked at 375F for exactly 20 minutes.
I could not believe how great these turned out; they rose beautifully!
My mom agreed; this recipe is a keeper!
Ready for delivery!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention: I only added 1cup of sugar and I omitted the orange peel; but that would of been nice!

    ReplyDelete