Thursday 14 November 2013

Pasta bake: using leftovers!

Couldn't resist adding this picture of Aubrey! Her nana came over to watch her while I was working this morning and then I received this photo...too cute!
When I got home I thought of using leftover pulled chicken I had in the freezer to make a pasta bake.  Thursday is the day of the week when Aubrey has music class at 4:30pm; this means dinner has to be ready when we get home at 5:30pm or a meltdown isn't far away! 

I sautéed some red pepper, onion, zucchnini, and mushroom. 
I defrosted the pulled chicken slightly and added this to my sautéed vegetables.  I added in some generic pasta sauce. I added some Tabasco, worcheshire, sea salt, black pepper and a little apple cider vinegar to cut the sweetness from the pulled chicken.
I put this in a big bowl and once the pasta was cooked I tossed it all together making sure the pasta was well coated.
I put this in a shallow baking dish.
I made a simple topping of Rice Krispies, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, chilli powder, and a little olive oil.  I mixed this up and evenly spread it on top of the pasta. I baked this at 375F for 35minutes. 
It was a hit!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment