Thursday 14 November 2013

Double chocolate cookies

My neighbour brought me over these chocolate chips as a belated birthday gift! Knowing her and her thoughtfulness would make this no big surprise! We have gone beyond sharing the random cup of sugar; we share dinners, lunches, advice, clothes and beloved desserts.  We can never move; a neighbour like this is almost impossible to find!

On the back of the package was an intriguingly decadent recipe.  I had just gotten home from my dr.; who told me I've gain a quite significant amount of baby weight.  So what do I do? Yes; make cookies....and eat the batter!

I creamed my butter with both of the sugars.
Added in my egg and vanilla
Dumped in all my dry ingredients and mixed well
It called for the package of chocolate chips; yes I said decedent! And chopped nuts were optional so I added this package of chopped peanuts I had on hand.
Using my handy cookie scoop another friend sent me for my birthday; I made perfectly sized cookies!  She found this scoop at "bed bath and beyond" by the register.  It would be a great stocking stuffer!

I baked them at 375F for exactly 10 minutes.  Cooled them on the cookie sheet on the stove for 5 minutes before I transferred them to the cooling rack.
Needless to say; they were a hit and greatly enjoyed! 
I will definitly make this recipe again. I could also see using skor bits instead of peanuts just to make them that much more over the top!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment