Friday 8 November 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

My sister Cher came over for an afternoon repreve.  I knew that I wanted to make something sweet to have with our afternoon coffees (Mine was decaf, this grandma can't do caffeine past noon!).

Chocolate and Peanut Butter seemed like the logical flavour profile to use; so I googled chocolate peanutbutter cookie recipes and found this gem of a recipe.

I followed the recipe word for word; no improvisation here.
I mixed my dry ingredients in a measuring cup and set this aside.
In my mixer I paddled together the butter with the sugars.
Mixed in my eggs, 1/4 cup peanutbutter and vanilla.
Once this was mixed well I added in my dry ingredients.  I mixed this together really well.
This became quite thick but mold-able. I put this into another bowl.
In my mixer I mixed the 3/4 cup of peanut butter with 3/4 cup of icing sugar.

I set up my assembly line of chocolate dough, peanut butter filling, and granulated sugar for rolling.
It suggested to flatten a tablespoon on dough in your hand and scoop the peanutbutter filling in the middle and then fold the dough up over the filling.  Roll in your hand  to form a ball.
Roll in sugar.


Flatten once on the baking sheet.
I baked these for more like 10 minutes and left them on the baking sheet on the stove for 2 minutes before transferring them to the cooling rack.  It was kind of hard to tell if these were done.  I didn't want to over bake them.  Once the chocolate cookie was firm to the touch I took them out of the oven.  The peanutbutter filling made the cookie still quite fragile; leaving the cookie sheet on the stove for a few minutes is key.

I got about 16 cookies; not too sure if I made mine too large; that could of had something to do with my extended baking time.  I definitly want to make these again.  I may actually try to roll my chocolate dough out like a sugar cookie dough to get more consistency between the cookies.


They were a hit Aubrey loved them!

I threw our cookies in the freezer to chill; these are definitly best served cold!  The cookie is quite crisp but the inside stayed quite soft; the texture and flavour reminded me of a cold reese peanubutter cup. 
I sent a few cookies home with Cher for Uncle Yim (Aubreys name for Jim) he liked them....that may be an understatment actually.  I was just happy that he ate them in they're natural state.  Usually anything I send home for him has cheesewhiz added to it!

Jeff thought this was a winning recipe; I was told to write it down!  Will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment