Monday 18 July 2016

Biscuit Verdict & Yummy Thai (inspired) salad

Okay so yes the biscuits turned out AMA-ZINGGGG(update to yesterday's blog)!  Not sure if it was because the dough was cold or the butter was evenly distributed, but whatever it was they were great.  The biscuits were flaky, buttery, had a crunchy exterior.  If I have the time I will definitely make these the night before for sure.  It made for a very simple lunch as well.
And yes I ate all three of those biscuits!
 
We had a rough day in our house.  Liam was sick so we had all hands on deck to care for him.  Even big sister Aubrey got in on the action.  She's part-parent too so that's not out of character for her.
While the kids were resting I made dinner.  I had my heart set on using the vegetable spring rolls from Costco, with a homemade Asian salad and yummy Thai peanut butter salad dressing/dipping sauce. 
I thinly shaved nappa cabbage, shredded carrots, diced green onion, thinly sliced de-seeded cucumber and sprinkled that with toasted sesame seeds.
I caramelized chunks of sausage and crisped up the springrolls in the toaster oven.
 
For the peanut sauce I used;
peanutbutter
rice vinegar
soya sauce
honey
saracha hot sauce
I shook this up and then thinned it out with water.
 
 
This was a very yummy supper which I ate one handed since this dolly was too sick to sleep in his own bed.
I am so thankful his fever has now broken; hoping he'll be on the mend soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment