Friday 15 July 2016

Apple Carrot Spiced Muffin






I arrived home from my weekly grocery shop and as I usually do I arrange everything "first in-first out".  I guess its the life of living with a chef! I noticed I had a few older carrots and 6 wrinkly apples.  Apple sauce or muffins? Apple sauce or muffins? Choices!!!!

I thought a hearty, healthier muffin would go perfect in my kids lunches for daycare. 
I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I doubled this recipe and it gave me 32 large muffins.




The only changes that I made to the recipe were, I used coconut brown sugar, I  doubled the spices including the addition of all-spice and I added in Dried Cranberries.  The dried cranberries were very dry and hard so I rehydrated them with a bit of water and they plumped right up.

 


This little man loves helping in the kitchen; he loves to be my taste tester.  He wouldn't stop asking until I gave him a spoonful of the batter to try. 
After 30 minutes at 350F these were baked and they had a nice crunchy muffin-top.  My favourite part of eating muffins!
 
Since I made enough for the "neighbourhood"; I sent Aubrey on a mission to hand some out to our neighbours.  Warm from the oven these were delicious with a cup of chocolate chai herbal tea.
This is our nightly picture to daddy, he requests a photo before bed so he can see the kids.  Along with their bedtime phone call at the request of the kids; they are sure loved by their dad.
As I cleaned up from the day and headed to bed I checked my instagram and noticed all of the urgent "Please pray for Nice" posts appearing.  My heart is broken for the victims, their families and the attackers.  What torment and darkness must the attackers be in?  Words can't express nor can my mind even comprehend all of the pieces of grief.  So as I usually do, I turned on my playlist and my "go to" song came on.  It reminded me what to pray over chaos. 
 
When You speak darkness has to bow
Confusion has its final hour            
When You speak, mountains rise and fall                        
It tears down every wall, around me                        
When You speak, breathe up on the dust                      
You come alive in us
When You speak, You silence every fear
We feel Your Spirit here, around us
Let there be light, let there be light
Until it fills up every space, come and have Your way
Let there be light, let there be light
Just one word and I am changed
Come and have Your way
 
 
 
I am so thankful that we don't need to live in fear, panic or even self-absorbed ignorance. I can be compassionate, pray purposefully but not live paralyzed by fear.  Lord, let there be light.

No comments:

Post a Comment