Monday 8 August 2016

A time saver; cold oatmeal parfait

So a last minute decision to sent this no-so-little girl of mine up to camp for the week with my entire family has this mom using a whole bunch of crying emoticons! Is it wrong to be jealous of your five year old?! But seriously  I am thrilled she gets the opportunity to spend time with the cousins she sees once a year. Here she is at dinner last night; I will live through the pictures I'm sent.
Before bed last night I was skimming through a magazine my mother in law had dropped off and this caught my eye.
Overnight oatmeal.
In a mason jar you put 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk. Top that with fruit and any topping you like. I topped it with frozen berry blend, a heaping tablespoon of Greek yogurt and a splash of maple syrup.

I put the lids on and put them in the fridge. 
Fast forward to this morning. We were getting Liam ready for daycare and we had a relaxing spa day planned to  celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. 
I opened the oatmeal and felt like I was already at the spa! This tasted like spa food for sure. Jeff opted out of eating his; but I thoroughly enjoyed mine, and I will enjoy his portion for breakfast tomorrow.
I will definitly make this again. It would be so nice for a brunch option. You could use any "dairy" and topping you'd like. Such a great idea that I never knew was possible with oats.
Now as I sit and have a moment to myself I'm enjoying a good book and a coffee. I am so grateful for this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment