Wednesday 24 August 2016

Perspective!

So life has been a little chaotic for our household; sickness galore.  But perspective is a beautiful thing.  There is always someone who will step up and take your worst day and exchange it for their best day.  I try to keep that in mind when going through tough things.  I try to get my mind off of myself and be a blessing to others especially when times are tough.
Monday started with Liam waking up with a full blown rash after a few days of fever.  Poor little man.  After a few hours I wasn't sure at this point what was wrong with him so I took him to Emerge with an under-the-weather Aubrey in tow.  Before I left the house I put biscuit dough in the fridge and got the crock pot on; with help from Jeff.
 
We were nicely scooted into a holding room of sorts for quarantine.  Not knowing how long we would be there, an hour and forty-five minutes seemed rather quick when the Dr. walked in and looked at Liam.  Within one minute we were told he has hand, foot and mouth. 
With no medicine required but a perscritpion of time, time and more time to heal,  we headed home. Even still I was so thankful for the little things.  A room all to our selves which seemed to be sound-proof;  I don't think people would of enjoyed our sing-a-long as much as we did.  I was also thankful for the parking spot right outside the Emerge door and the parking guy who made sure I wasn't in a "secret" towing zone.   When I got outside with the kids ready to leave, my parents were waiting at my vehicle ready to plug the meter if it needed it.  I felt very blessed and oh so loved.
I walked into a chili smelling house and got the chilled biscuits out of the fridge and into the oven. It was awesome!  WIN!
 
Fast forward to yesterday and I took an incognito Liam to the pharmacy to see what I could do to soothe his rash.  Nothing!  But the pharmacist was oh so sympathetic, compassionate and helpful.  We couldn't just go home empty handed so we picked up some essentials like tart shells and whipping cream!
He seemed to be on the mend momentarily; smiles, rash and all!
Aubrey got home from daycare and she was feeling great so we made home-made pizza (only touch your own please!).
 
While the kids were eating I baked off some tart shells, whipped the cream and added it to some lemon curd I had leftover from my friends wedding cupcakes.  I couldn't possibly throw that out!
After the tart shells cooled I piped them full of lemony cream. 
 
I thought of the bright idea to buckle Liam into his car seat and show him a movie while we drove around the West End giving away tarts.  
Aubrey loves when we go on these deliveries, her smile tells it all. 
 
We got home just in time for bedtime and the kids went down amazing.  Everything was looking up and I went to bed feeling positive.  At 5AM Aubrey woke up with "bumps".  Feeling rather defeated I tucked her into bed with Jeff and headed to my spot as I do most mornings.  I wrote in my journal; "You are good, you are good to me, and you are good at being God....your ways are higher than mine, Thy will be done".  I then opened my First5 App and this was today's devotional.  
 
It was so encouraging and such a confirmation but I was so glad that I didn't let my feelings win and I had already given it to the One that can do something about my anxieties.  It's an amazing thought; He loves my kids even more than I do.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment