Saturday 20 February 2016

Soup; farmer sausage and white bean

The weather is getting milder; shall I say spring is coming?!
It has been fun to be outside this past week. 
For last weeks soup I decided to set the contents of my fridge onto my kitchen counter and then edit. I went with cabbage, farmers sausage, carrot, celery, onion and a can of white beans from the pantry. As for the stock I used my homemade turkey stock that I had canned; 2litres of turkey stock and 1 litre of water and 1 package of onion soup mix...my secret ingredient.
I sautéed the cabbage, onions and celery for about 10 minutes. This step adds some much flavour.
Then I added chopped carrots and 2 chopped links of farmers sausage.
Once these ingredients were sautéed and seasoned agressivily with salt and pepper I added in the liquid mentioned above along with the white beans.
I brought this to a simmer. Meanwhile, I made homemade tea biscuits to serve with the soup.
I made the second recipe (Baking powder biscuits) and I used butter instead of shortening.
While the biscuits were in the oven Aubrey and I decided to make muffins. 
These turned out extra delicious!
The soup was a hit with the kids!
We packed up the Mini muffins and Aubrey took them to school.
I love sharing food when it's delicious. I also don't mind receiving food when it's delicious! Thank you to my friend Yvonne who dropped this off on my desk at work this past week. Maple bacon doughnut from Bronuts; yes please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment