Sunday 7 February 2016

Chicken fiesta!

This was Friday night in our house...The taco kit is a staple in my pantry but I never quite use it "as directed". 
My inspiration started with carmelizing onions in my cast iron pan. 
I roasted a whole chicken so that I could pull the meat once it's done.
Meanwhile, I finely sliced some cabbage and added in chopped cilantro. I then added Greek yogurt, lime juice and the seasoning packet for the sourcream.

Here's my little helper; watching my every move.
I then diced some tomatoes for a garnish.
Once the onions were caramelized    I added in sliced green peppers and the meat sauce seasoning packet. I set this aside until the chicken was done and then I pulled the chicken meat and tossed that with the onion mixture.
I had my sous chef grate the cheese.
And there you have it:
Chicken, peppers and onions
Diced tomatoes
Greek yogurt
Crunchy slaw
Grated cheese
Salsa
Tortilla shells

*the only thing missing was avacodo; mine weren't ripe.

A Super easy meal and everything could be made or prepared ahead of time. These are the kind of meals I like. 
This dolly isn't feeling very well today; she wanted to be near me but take a nap at the same time....the struggle is real!

Side note; we had filling leftover so we made quesadillas for lunch today...Aubrey had chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment