Monday 22 February 2016

Breakfast blender pancakes, soup, chocolate peanut butter smash cookies

I thought I'd give you a glimpse into our Saturday. We started off with breakfast. I found this intriguing recipe of blender Apple pancakes. Anytime I only need to dirty one dish I'm game.
I did peel and core my apple but I just threw everything else in as the recipe stated. 
As I let the batter sit it thickened up quite a bit. I would wait even five minutes next time before cooking the pancakes.
At our house pancakes are incomplete without whipped cream; well anything is incomplete without whipped cream according to Aubrey!
I love sitting  around the kitchen table as a family, especially with a yummy breakfast that took no time at all!

Next I decided to make soup for the busy week ahead. I sautéed onions and celery with basil olive oil.
I had some tomatoes that we're getting soft so I cut them in half and roasted them in the toaster oven with garlic and olive oil.
I added diced carrots and the chopped roared tomatoes and garlic.
I added in some dried Italian seasoning and then a few cans of beans that I had one hand. All of a sudden I found myself switching gears from an Italian soup to more of an ethnic take on things.
I added two packages of onion soup mix and   8 cups of water.
At this point I was feeling like it needed to be bulked up so I added in diced peeled potato.
After a taste I realized the beans had made the flavours a little muddy; so I added yellow curry powder to brighten things up. That did just that! Phew! Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose...win!

Aubrey was a big fan of the soup, it was even "share" worthy. That's always nice when you make 6 litres of it! 
Next we thought, cookies! Jeff had been requesting this family favourite.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10064/magic-peanut-butter-middles/

You essentially make two batters and wrap the chocolate batter around the peanutbutter batter. I find my two different size scoops help in making these.
Aubrey loves smashing the cookie balls. She dipped a glass in sugar and pressed each cookie ball flat.
Liam always wants to help....soon Liam soon!

Saturday was full of fun but I find myself having to say 1 Corinthians 13 to myself at least once a day!  Even the good days require Gods strength to love...and love well.
These two are a daily reminder of my greatest blessings!

These are the cookies after 20 minutes of baking at 375F. I feel like I made them too big and that is why I had to bake them so long. They'd be much better as a smaller cookie. I guess I'll just have to try this recipe again sometime soon!
Well there you have it!  A day in the life of the Cameron's.

No comments:

Post a Comment